CMPR is an institute for advanced research, education and training in the area of medicinal plants. As part of its commitment to human resource development, CMPR permits M.Sc and post M.Sc level students from various academic institutions to carry out project work / short-term training in various disciplines. Since 2003, CMPR has trained over 70 Post-graduate students from various universities. The short-term training satisfies a requirement for completing the Masters program as well as provides the students with an exposure to a research environment. This facility is not extended to B.Sc or other undergraduate students. The project work usually last for 2-3 months, but longer duration projects are also considered. CMPR is a recognised centre of Kannur University for Ph. D in Plant Sciences and 10 researchers are presently doing their Ph. D programme in this institute.
- Plant Systematics
- Tissue Culture
Terms and conditions
- In all the cases guidance will be solely done by a scientist of the Institute and the certificate submitted by students to their respective colleges in respect of M.Sc project work should contain the name of the CMPR scientist who supervises the work. It has to be vouched by the head of the institute.
- Findings of the work are the property of the institute and prior permission of the Project Director, CMPR is required before publication of the work in any form.
- A copy of the dissertation should be submitted to the institute.
- Students should make their own arrangements for boarding and lodging while at CMPR, Kottakkal, Malappuram.
- For post M.Sc training the candidate must complete the work to the satisfaction of the supervising scientist and submit a report.