Dr. Sulaiman C.T (Senior Scientist)
Centre for Medicinal Plants Research
Arya Vaidya Sala, Kottakkal
e-mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Mobile :094473 82799
M.Sc. (Biochemistry), Ph. D Biochemistry
Research Experience / Expertise
Started research work in 2008 as Scientist at Phytochemistry division of Centre for Medicinal Plants Research. The important thrust areas of research are standardization of medicinal plants using various analytical tools, developing reference standards for genuine Ayurvedic raw drugs, Isolation and characterization of active molecules from medicinal plants, phytochemical variability studies of different accessions of medicinal plants for the selection of high yielding variety, optimization of methods for the sustainable utilization of medicinal plants etc. Expertise in handling sophisticated analytical instruments such as HPLC, HPTLC, GC, FTIR, GC/ MS and LC/MS. Developed many analytical methods for the isolation and identification of important class of phytochemicals. More than 30 research articles with high impact factors in various national and international journals published by world renowned publishers like Elsevier, Taylor & Francis, Springer, Hindawi etc. He has guided 30 post-graduate students from various Universities for their project work. He is a member of Board of Studies in Biochemistry, Karpagam University, Coimbatore and a reviewer for many international journals such as Analytical Letters, Journal of Medicinal Plants Research, Natural Product Research etc.
- Sulaiman C T, Arun A, E M Ananadan, Sandhya C.R and Indira Balachandran. Isolation and identification of phytoestrogens and flavonoids in an Ayurvedic proprietary medicine using chromatographic and Mass Spectroscopic analysis. Asian pacific Journal of Reproduction 2015.4(2): 153-156.
- Sulaiman C T, Indira Balachandran. Chemical profiling of an Indian herbal formula using Liquid Chromatography Coupled with Electro spray Ionization Mass Spectrometry .Spectroscopy Letters. 2015. 48:3, 222-226.
- Sulaiman C T, Thushar K.V, Satheesh George and Indira Balachandran. Phenolic characterization of selected Salacia species using LC-ESI-MS/MS analysis. Natural Product Research 2014. 28:13, 1021-1024
- Sulaiman C.T and Gopalakrishnan V. K . Liquid Chromatography Coupled with Q- TOF Mass Spectrometry for the Charecterisation of Phenolics from heart wood of Acacia Catechu (L.f.) Willd. Chemistry of Natural Compounds 2014. 50 (2): 313-314
- Sulaiman C T, Gopalakrishnan V. K and Indira Balachandran. Phenolic compounds and antioxidant properties of selected Acacia species .Journal of Biologically Active Products from Nature. 2014, 4:4, 316-324.
- Sulaiman C T, Gopalakrishnan V K and Indira Balachandran. Chromatographic and Spectrophotometric Studies in selected Acacia Species. Journal of Planar Chromatography.2014. 27(2): 88-92.
- Sulaiman C T, Satheesh George and Indira Balachandran. Characterization of phenolic compounds in fruit extracts of three medicinal plants using liquid chromatography–negative electrospray ionization tandem mass spectroscopy. Analytical chemistry Letters 2013 3(5&6): 322-329.
- Sulaiman C T, Geetha S.P and Indira Balachandran Identification of Phenolic antioxidants in Ipomoea mauritiana Jacq using Spectrophotometric and Mass spectroscopic studies. Avicenna J Phytomed, 2014; 4 (2): 89-96.
- Blassan Plackal George, Parimelazhagan Thangaraj, Cheruthazhakkatt Sulaiman, Shanmughavel Piramanayagam, and Sathish Kumar Ramaswamy. Bioassay Directed Isolation and Biological Evaluation of Compounds Isolated from Rubus fairholmianus Gard. Bio Med Research International 2014. doi.org/10.1155/2014/204340.
- C.T Sulaiman and Indira Balachandran, Total phenolics and total flavonoids in selected Indian medicinal plants. Indian J. Pharm. Sci., 2012, 74(3):258-260.